Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Quick One Before Class...

So last night here at Greenville College, Jamie Tworkowski, the founder of To Write Love On Her Arms, came to speak to us about what they do. I had heard about TWLOHA about a year ago when I was looking through some Switchfoot pictures and saw he had on one of their shirts. It is such an incredible organization, and you should definitely check them out. www.twloha.com

One thing that struck me last night was when Jamie was telling a story about a young man who had a stroke at the age of 9. The man, now 25, was having a conversation with Jamie, and Jamie started to break down into tears thinking about how such a great and loving God could do this to such an innocent guy. The guy, Elijah I believe was his name, told him, (I'm paraphrasing, cause I don't remember exactly what he said...) "Dude, I have been in a wheelchair for a long time. And I don't know if I'll ever get out of one. But I know that when we get to heaven, I won't be in a wheelchair any longer. When we get up there, you and me are gonna go running." That really struck me, having a brother who is also mentally disabled. There were many, many times when I wondered to myself "Why God? Why me? Why him? It's so unfair." But when I heard Jamie tell that story, it finally hit me. In the end, it'll be worth it all. Although I get to see my brother fairly often, the day will come when I will see Michael up in heaven, just as normal as the rest of us. What a day that'll be...

-matthew
1:16 pm

5805
The Classic Crime
Album - The Silver Cord




No comments: